ME, MYSELF n I

Malaysia
petite size but fierce attitude...sharp tongue but compassionate heart....manga freak...food addict...and suffered from severe inferiority complex....I think I'm ugly....

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I put on my thinking hat but still rambing like a mad woman...

I looked at his face and asked " Do you think woman deserved to be harrased if they are not wearing a Hijab?" He made an annoyed face and said "That is ridiculous and why do you asked such annoying question?" 

I told him about what happened to my friend who was sexually harrased until she had to quit her job and a guy friend asked whether she's wearing a Hijab when the incident occured. He then asked "So? he's a jerk." I told him that the guy is quite pious and always shared advices and hadith about religion and stuff. He chuckled and said "You know whatever he's sharing with you are just copy pasted version of stuff he found on the Internet. Betcha, if I write anything in Arabic and make a fake Hadith out of it...you guys will share them blindly without even considering to check the source." I asked "Why do religious people do that? You know, gives the impression that they are pious and stuff and yet act like judgmental prick." he replied "So you already know the fact that he is a prick...religion doesn't stop you from being an asshole. So he can still be a religious assholes."

I asked him "so if I don't like him, would it make me imbecile?" He said "I don't know. But why you don't like him? because he is religious or he is judgmental?" I replied "because he is judgmental of course. He once asked me if I think thoroughly about having a relationship with you. I do find it irritating but I dismiss it because it is normal for people to have sentiment. But then, one of my friends pointed it out how rude he is to actually ask that and it made a perfect sense that I feel annoyed because of what he did and not because of what he believe."

He smiled and said "aren't you an asshole too? Nobody is perfect. He is still your friend. if you really feel irritated, just ignore him. Didn't you say that you lost a lot of friends along the way? Some times it's you who is an asshole and some times it's others. If we keep on getting bugged over trivial things we will be lonely in the end."

My boyfriend might not be one in a million, he doesn't drive BMW, he is not the kindest person on Earth, he is just an ordinary guy whom I hope I could spend the rest of my life with. I am a better person when I am with him. Whatever I am not, he will make up for it. I just pray that we will end up together. Not like a malay drama type of relationship but the real engaging emotionally and intelectually type of relationship where we can stand equally as tall and sit equally comfortable with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment