ME, MYSELF n I

Malaysia
petite size but fierce attitude...sharp tongue but compassionate heart....manga freak...food addict...and suffered from severe inferiority complex....I think I'm ugly....

Monday, September 2, 2013

Dear my Malay friends..my take on being Malaysian and unity...

Do you know that one of my idols is Prof. Emeritus Khoo Kay Kim. He could be claimed as the most prominent Malaysian historian by far. He knows more about Malaysia more than any Malays know, and he speaks Malay language as Fluently as any Malays..He publishes lots of books, journals and articles and often invited to give a speech or lecture about Malaysian history and oftentimes invited to give analysis on politics...and yes..he's not a Malay...

Have you ever heard about Prof Madya Lim Swee Tin, who brought the Malay Literature to the international level? Ever read his work, Puisi 100 tahun Kuala Lumpur? if you didn't..go and read it now...and yes again..He's not a Malay...

I happen to learn under this guy named Prof Sivamurugan Pandian. Besides being invited to talk in the news a lot to share his brain juice with the audience, he happened to teach me a Malaysian History...and guess what...he too is not a Malay...but is very fluent in Malay language...

But these three guys, act more Malay than any Malay that I met...they speak Malay Language fluently that make me feel ashamed with myself, they are so patriotic about Malaysia more than some of the Malay I ever met...so what the heck now I'm trying to talk about...

I've been living in a Malay only community and I studied for two years in one and I know how fucked up our Malay mentality is..not to mention when it comes to religion where we can so freely call other people kafir just because we like it...so don't talk about unity if you don't have any idea what it needs to be truly integrated...

I have mix Malay friends whom either parents are from chinese descendent, not long time ago..but second generation, third generation..still asked question...is the food prepared here is Halal...I won't eat here if it's cooked by the Chinese...and I was like....for fuck sake, your mom is a Chinese, your grandma is a Chinese...what is your problem?

If you can't find even the slightest bridging point about unity...what the heck are you talking about pure unity. Superficial unity driven by some political attempt to win the election won't change the disease and corrupted community we are living in...we never want to compensate...we are afraid of losing...It doesn't matter what our race is..we always have our sentiments..unless we get over it...nothing's gonna change...

Just look at Egypt my friend,The Tahrir Square is the witness where the Muslims and the Christian work hand in hand to protect each other to overthrow Hosni Mubarak...they succeeded...but what comes after? Do you think the coup de tat by Asisi is the real issue here...how many report did you read at the paper about churches being burnt...may I ask who burn these churches??? Santa Clause? Asisi? the Malaysian media doesn't cover about it much right?..why?...coz we are too absorbed about morsi being wrongfully kicked out of his seat...and who cares about churches being burnt...and this my friend,.this is what a superficial unity will get you...

I totally don't think our current government doing a good job at all, but considering the alternatives...I really think..people are out of option. The people in general are not ready..the fake coalition won't bring any good..I could give my middle finger to PAS anytime if they said they are willing to work with DAP in a real sense..hell no, that's not gonna happen..what's gonna happen...they will run each state separately...divide them even more...and the gap will become so much wider than it already is...

Just compare the differences between Penang and Kelantan...you don't need a genius to analyze how different they are to each other...it's been proven many times...that they can't even sing the same language again and again...letting them run the country is equal than just letting the civil war to happen...and PKR can't do shit about mending this issue..they are so busy finding the dirt about which corrupted individuals they need to expose while at the same time still finding time to be as sexually active as the other side...but not exclusively to their wife and always so stupid to let the act be accidentally or not accidentally recorded....

Well, what I meant to say is..Politics is not the best tool at all, when it comes to teach the people about unity, about being a Malaysian, about understanding by heart what 5 National Principle even mean...

All of you who talk about unity and real integration really make me sick to my stomach..you don't even know what unity is even when it's served to your face...I still have a problem on how to convince Malay students that they can be as good as their Chinese friends in chess..I still have a problem on how to encourage the Chinese students to be more active in sport...and I still have to deal with lots of drama from the Indian students...I try hard to make them not to notice any differences, make them see beyond their skin colour, make them think that they are equal in every way..looks, brain and physical ability...

Unity is hard...empty talk will not help..especially when the effort is lightweight and done half heartedly..that's why I laugh when people talk about unity....for parents, teach your kids wisely...i can tell you..although my mom work for her Chinese boss for more than 20 years, has more Chinese friends than the Malays, she still unable to teach me what a true unity is..she still bitch and gripe about the stereotypical character of the race rather than pointing out the individual himself/herself is a full fledged asshole....so until we are able to teach our kids about it, and practise it in our everyday life...just shut up...

Those three person I mention above, are the person who go beyond their own race and decided to become a Malaysian in their own way...when people look at them, people don't see their race...they see Malaysian...

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree politics should never come into play when it comes to Msian unity. But too bad, everything is politicized here, even the stupid changing room becomes a shower room becomes a toilet in school wtf....I don't support any party. Like Prof. KKK, I'm just fighting for history, the objective unhidden uncensored version. But even Prof. KKK was silenced after some time when his gang of historians tried to start a campaign to revise the textbooks to include some missing chapters a few yrs ago. Just disappointed with the dictator education system. That's all. I know each country has its "missing pages" and "skeletons in closet" but Msian politicians are taking it too far. And yes, politics should stay out of schools.

    ReplyDelete