ME, MYSELF n I

Malaysia
petite size but fierce attitude...sharp tongue but compassionate heart....manga freak...food addict...and suffered from severe inferiority complex....I think I'm ugly....

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Muslims? Assholes?

I think we should refrain ourselves from talking about religion so much...it just happen Muslims are the majority in Malaysia and Islam is the official religion...people like to be associated with religion to show that they are the cultured/ more refined people...and sometimes to prove their point..people go to the extend to do some kind of the so called self-righteous act to prove that they are better than the mass....this hypocrisy doesn't only apply to Islam but to other religion too..and some agnostics also from time to time try to make a point that they are better than the people with religion...they debate,they ridicule, they take great pleasure of the fact that they don't talk like the mass, they don't think like the mass and they feel it's a moral obligation to educate the mass.
The bigotry is not exclusively held by the Muslims..for religious people we call it bigotry, for the non-religious we called it plain ass-holery...the least thing we can do to deal with this issue is to stop talking about it.I for myself not really a pious girl...but there are things called invisible line that should not be crossed..
I had the most torturous time living under the same roof with the extremes..and now having the urge to spit them when they suddenly become so buddy buddy with another extremes from a different group..when I know fully well it's just superficial..my point is..things always come in layers..one cannot just assume and conclude just by consuming what's fed to you...just seeing the tip of the iceberg is not enough...our knowledge is superficial and there are lots of things need to be clarified..one focus too much on the simple logic that they fail to see the bigger picture..if it's so easy to change the mentality..to break the taboo...things would changed a long time ago...apparently, it's not...asking rhetorical questions such as Can Muslims Think won't help changing anything...I'm aware about the draconian law..I'm aware that being born a Malay, I am automatically be a Muslim..but I'm not the one who spent years learning the subject about Islamisation...my knowledge about islam is superficial too that I can't actually argue..because hypothetically I will lose the battle before it even started...
I have 3 non Muslims blonde and blue eyes lecturers who studied the Islamisation for their doctorate, they can argue about Islam more than I can argue about it myself, when I enter the office of my agnostic Indian boss...there are collections of books about Islam and other religions occupying most of his bookshelves...he knows so much about stuff that I actually have no idea myself..
Do these person read and studied about Islam so that they can belittle it? No...they do that because they want to understand. When they understand...they become respectful...One can talk about Islam like they know everything...even the non-muslim now start to say "that's not islam...this is not islam...bla..bla..bla...but one fail to understand..the most religious and pious people have no concern debating about their religion..people who claim to be religious and to be righteous did..Islam is universal..but islam in Malaysia is intertwine by tradition that has been uphold since long long time ago...I hated the idea that I can't touch the dogs although it's an open secret that people know that I snuggle with the dogs like most of the time...it's my freedom to touch them and to play with them...and I took pictures of them...displaying their pic in my fb pic although mostly it resulted with my mom screaming out of her lungs about WTF am I doing and now all my aunts are talking about it..and surely no Malay guy want to marry me now...bla bla bla...but certain line shouldn't be crossed..not because you are scared of being judged...but as a form of respect..as a form not to be an asshole...
People are too sensitive by nature, and sometimes when they are too sensitive they become so quick to judge, to be angry and to be mad..knowing fully aware of this...I don't get it why some find that it is necessary to push the button so much and so often...It just like playing the game who can be ruder? who can be a better troller? who can start a new civil war?
Can Muslims think? Of course they can think...but does that mean everyone of them has to give their view on every thing? Do they even need to tell others about what they really think? The muslims in Malaysia is already divided because of many stupid things..do they need to be divided again because of another stupid things like dog bathing, or just because some girls can't be a beauty queen...or because some rude kids think that it's cute to play with food..We had enough of stupid Muslim on the plate...who crush the cow head as a sign of protest for the temple building, who threaten to burn the Bible which has Allah's name written on it...now we have to deal with another stupidity from the outside...
Why doesn't Christian, Buddha, Hindu or any animistic follower doesn't get enough coverage or controversy regarding their religion? It's simply because their religion is the minority and not stated in as the official religion in the constitution....If Malaysia by any chance, has the fire-worshipping religion as our official religion..I can assure you...there still be people who butt-hurt easily, and others who make fun or the fire-worshipping religion just for the fun of it...or some so called true to cause individual who wants to educate people about how fire can burn the whole house down..
Religion is flawed because human is flawed...even psychopath is born with religion, but when he murder people..would people associate his action with his religion or with the state of his mind..so we just stop talking about religion...stop questioning them to the wrong crowd..and just stop paying attention...assuming that religion is an armor to protect you...just remember what captain america said to iron man "Big man in a suit of armor, take that off and what are you?"
It doesn't take religion to be an asshole...it just take you...

1 comment:

  1. Religion. Yup, totally agree that we need to study & understand it first. I happen to dislike all pious Christians with an intensity that is hard to define or explain. Been studying Christian theological books since I was a little kid, and today I come to the conclusion: "Religion is like Communism. It sounds great on paper, but once ppl start to practice it, you get a Tienanmen Square waiting to happen." Religious theory is good, but has ZERO or less practicality. It's so idealistic but ppl are just assholes. They don't need religion. They need therapy.

    ReplyDelete