ME, MYSELF n I

Malaysia
petite size but fierce attitude...sharp tongue but compassionate heart....manga freak...food addict...and suffered from severe inferiority complex....I think I'm ugly....

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

that mak datin...i wish i could insult her to her face...huh....

Again with that mak datin.....she's driving me crazy....now she is not satisfied with me coz i only give one page genuine task to my pupils and no homework to my class...she said that my task doesn't have much quality compared to 4 pages of photocopied task sheet taken from the comersialised reference book distributed by the English teacher who taught the first class...maybe she forgot that I taught the last class....if they are too lazy to write even five simple sentences and never finish a simple task given as a homework..what would happen if I photocopy what is there in the book so that they can cut and paste them in the exercise book and wait for the task sheet to be fossilized....untouched...and people said teachers know what's best for their students....yeah i suppose what is actually best for the student now is abundance of task that pupils won't be able to accomplish....or simply too lazy to do,instead of doing the task within their own capacity...
Phew....I learn the hard way.....let's photocopy all the task sheets...so you can be a true educator...the more you give tasks to pupils....the better teacher you are....btw I hope the school can provide the teachers with the photocopy machine....becoz the last time i check....the small kampung school that I use to work has that goddamn photostat machine...
The GB always tell me that sk convent jln peel is a mordern big school compared to the small and kampung sk senggarang which in her understanding is located in Muar...yeah right....like 2 hours further perhaps.....i almost laugh hearing that.....she said that I should adjust to working here.. in the so called modern and quicker pace atmosphere....i really want to love this school....but she makes it hard for me....everybody knows i love my previous school dearly....if only sk senggarang could actually be moved to kl.....huhuhu......dream on.....comparing the two it's like i'm living twenty years backward in the new school.....
This is the details about SK Senggarang.....it has a big field...it has a hall....it has sick bay....it has three computer labs equipped with unlimited wifi service 24 hours a day and has 3 separate hot spots..with no password..everyone can use it...it has two preschools, another department for pendidikan khas.....it has parking lots....it has audio room....every computer labs are equipped with LCD projectors..and speakers attached to it.the scanner and the printer..(i never print my own task sheet with my own printer while working there)..and the technician to maintain the system and the operation.....the video room has 34 inches TV with kampus astro package.....and LCD projector of course.....the examination secretary has her own room and her own computer plus printer and scanner....provided by the school.....every subject panel are given with radio.....and the school actually has a great PA system.....the music room is equipped with instrumental guitar, the bass, the electric guitar, the keyboard, the drum set....and the freaking piano.....the staff room is air conditioned.....and has wifi connection.....see i can online even in the toilet.....the school even has LCD projector attached at most of the classrooms.....well yeah....i was spoilt while teaching there....although the teachers there like to claw and tear each other to pieces....but everything is great....great GB..he's now DG48..great organisation....coz they have such things call pengkhususan...teachers won't be caught doing unnecessary stuffs that is not their business in the first place...so i never have to stamp my pupils' exercise book...coz the PA will do that for me....or stamp my daily planner...coz the PA will do that for me....or to photocopy the damn task sheets myself....coz the PA will do that for....my school has the best PA any school would wish to have....and even the security guards actually received the award for best service throughout the entire Johor....and I respected them so much....there's no need for the CCTV...coz they are able to give the best security to the pupils and the teachers....the head of the PTA association is YB from that area and the school's backer is Dato Fuad Zarkashi himself....money shortage?? what the hell is that?? plus..the canteen food is nice and cheap....yeah I forgot to mention...teachers don't have to buy non permanent marker....they just go to the office and PT will give them the new one...everytime...always....not only marker...duster...thumb tack...bullet for the stapler...the envelope....it's there....and talking about teacher's aid...we have a roomful of that...and we can ask PT to buy them if it is within our budget to do so.... it has the thing that we called punch card machine...which we punch our attendance card in it....owh...not forgetting it has two air conditioned meeting room enough to fit 70-80 teachers at one time....and the teachers were never asked to work on Sunday....
now here is the detail about SK convent jln peel...limited parking space..teachers have to come early to find parking spot...unlucky for the afternoon session teacher...coz we are obliged to come as early as twelve o'clock but then having difficulty to park our car..the security guard sucks...there are two cases of pupils missing already....serve the datin well for that....there are two computer labs...one is apparently not working coz all the computers are virus-ridden....it's appalling to know that there is no technician hired to maintain the computers....the other computer lab....has one kapult every five minutes LCD projector minus the remote....the computer is slower than the walking zombie....what's audio room? what's music room? we only have one radio for the whole school. we still use the wired microphone....for god sake...it is wired.....we don't have a field....we don't have a hall.....we only have 9 functioning classroom.....holding the capacity of 600 pupils...the staff room is small with no air condition....the canteen food sucks and expensive...pupils actually pay rm1 to eat nasi lemak with only the sambal....there's not enough text book for the teachers...i don't even know where to look for the teacher's aid....coz they don't have that room....the examination secretary doesn't have her own room...and she has to use an old computer that makes any xp users smile....and that freaking computer is placed inside the admin room...the only wifi available in school is from the p1wimax modem placed inside the GB room....it is password protected...but knowing her...i was able to crack the password within 2 days.....and other teachers are quite shocked when they found out and secretly asking me for the password....piece of cake...i have to print my own task sheet now...sob sob...and photocopy them...with my own money.....sob sob...i write my attendance in a log book....what???? the Datin herself is the chairman for PTA association.....no wonder she could spend thousands of that PTA money to install CCTV....yet we have a teachers' meeting in the classroom....
See Datin... you are right...it's kinda hard for me to adjust..not because of my kampungness..but because of your condescending attitude...coz I've been spoilt too much...I was at a higher place before...people know me and certify me of my capability... although I'm still a newbie..they have trust in me..they see my work and approve of it....people higher than you...my work that you claim to have less quality that commercial book on the market was distributed throughout Johor as guidance for other teachers..so when the reality hits me...it hits me deep....i actually make peace with this school condition.....but you and your overbearing attitude and ridiculous arrogance starts getting on my nerve....you act high and mighty because of the title your husband earn when in the reality we share the same DG.....both of us still at 41....yeah right...you and I...you are a GB...so you have a lot of experience...i respect you for that...but when you start undermining my work and degrading it...you've crossed the line....a smart people will never interfere in the area that they are not familiar with.....so don't mess with mine.....coz when it comes to KSSR...i know a great deal than you.....and the other teacher of yours....but then again....here in KL....i was just a mere English teacher....i love the kids...but i no longer enjoy my job....after three years of teachings...those idealism and romance of teaching that I have is tarnished little by little with shitty things like you and your politics...
Well....i had enough of it...thanks for making it clear to me what I am suppose to do....i'm done changing myself to fit you....now I'm going to do what I'm going to do..and after finish my business here..I will find some place where the passion for teaching is overestimated and statistics of the result is underestimated.......

No comments:

Post a Comment